Saturday, March 7, 2009

16 (Just blame it all on me, say I was shameless)

Today was good, I worked from 10-12:30, and Alex and I finished the floor in Pat's bedroom as well as the last lonely tile in the shower of the bathroom. Finally!

A List of Things in Construction I have SKILLZZ in:
1. painting/priming 
2. mudding/taping
3. sanding/scraping
4. siding (removal and application)
5. flooring (from floor joices to finished floors, removal and application)
6. sheetrocking
7. framing
8. roofing (removal and application)
9. tiling!

Things I would like to acquire skills in:
1. Electrical work
2. Plumbing
3. putting in windows/door hanging
4. Getting better with detailed cuts in sheetrock/tile
5. Grouting 

I also need to work on being able to conceptualize the way things will work without them being done so that I can forsee potential problems or inaccuracies before I get to them. I also would like to get to know some tricks of tiling to cover up ugly edges and all the rest, but I'm sure that really comes with experience rather than anything else.

Today I had a muffeletta. For those of you reading this who do not know what a muffeletta is, it is the largest sandwich every created. I swear they really use a small round loaf of bread, its cut into quarters and its thick full of meats/cheese. I ate half and i felt as though I might explode, or puke. So, I am inquiring about staying longer, through July. If that is possible I think I will definitely go home for Passover, even though I would really like to make a Passover meal here. Maybe I still can even though it won't be exactly on the right day. I got a serious craving for Zabars yesterday. Sometimes there are real pangs of sadness I get when I'm away from the city, but I never really get homesick. Honestly, I could live in another place for the rest of my life as long as I could go back once or twice every couple months. 

NOW, a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment