Monday, March 23, 2009

20 (despite the truth that I know, I find it hard to let go and give up on you )

I shaved part of a head today haha

I am eating a granola bar and i am craving food from these places

1. Sansotta Brothers
2. Calle Ocho
3. Matsu
4. T&R
5. Big Nick's
6. Sarabeth
7. Ocean 
8. Ollie's
9. Fresco Tortilla

and some places I wish I could go right now

1. Zabar's
2. Citerella
3. West Side Market
4. Tani
5. The UWS in general but for sure sheep's meadow
6. Gurgi's 


Saw Air Bud on TV today... random
I really hope this week is interesting, I feel like it holds a lot of possibilities
And I cannot wait for Thursday I'm shitting myself thinking about it. not literally. 
I finished the shower today, as much as could be finished! AND Alex told me he's coming back down... see, you just can't stay away once you come down. 
Yesterday was nice, I went out and bummed around the French Quarter a bit, saw a couple songs by a pretty good band, then had a nice hour of waiting for and taking the bus with some girls who are both leaving soon, really unfortunately. I like them both, and a bunch of people are leaving soon. Today is Sarah's last day, Brooke leaves sunday, the next week heather leaves, and then like two weeks from then lil' john leaves too. he's been here foreverrrr. 

i think im finally understanding the frustration with telling short term volunteers about yourself, like today i told these 3 ladies about myself and i did it so many times last week and this whole month, i found myself being rather short with them. i tried to be nice but it just seemed so silly because ryan and i will probably get rid of them before the end of the week, and i'm not even working thursday afternoon or friday, so there's not really a point to talking to them. So many of these college kids come here to make memories with their friends and just don't know anything or care about new orleans. they come here and don't follow the etiquette of the l9 house, they waste paint and stupid stuff and waste time, they are mostly unskilled and just do busy work, or if you try to teach them something like mudding, they usually just fuck it up. If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. Now don't get me wrong though, they're important and necessary. Just more of a hassle than would be ideal. 

I wish...
I could drive
and had a car


Oh! I think I found myself a job starting in April working at a gelato shop like 3-4 days a week. I really hope it works out...


By the way, the whole world is dirty. Clean is an illusion. just like control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment