Wednesday, March 11, 2009

17 (Diva is the female version of a hustla of a of a hustla)

Today and yesterday were both kind of bad. No, they were both just bad.
Yesterday I got more frustrated then I have been in a reallly long time. I thought I might explode with anger. Every little thing that another guy on my worksite did pissed me off. Largely because as a long term volunteer he gets a stipend, so he gets compensation and isn't just a bad volunteer, he costs them money. He works a month on a project that took me and Alex 3 days. He doesnt clean up after himself, leaving thin-set (tile adhesive) to dry onto and inbetween the tiles making it impossible to grout without 3 full days of labor by 2 volunteers just scraping. That is fucking ridiculous. And he had a 2'x2' space on the bedroom floor that Alex and I took 2 days to do, and it took him a whole 8 hours to complete this stupid little mosaic. Granted, it was very nice, but it couldve been finished within 3 hours. Now, he's a good kid, but I can't stand shitty work ethic. I hate it more than most things in the world. If this were a company, no one would stand for that shit. And to think that he's gotten much better since I have been back. I was told that like 2 months ago he would come to the house at like noon and watch movies with one of the people that lives there. Ok. So then at the end of yesterday once he had grouted the bedroom and there were 5 minutes left til we had to leave, theres grout all over the floor. huge mess. and hes sitting outside in his van already on the phone. I was going to kill him haha. but i didnt, and he went back in in the evening and cleaned it thankfully. But of course didn't clean the tools and so when we arrived at work this morning we had and extra half hour of cleaning shit up just so we could start working. And largely we started grouting the bathroom that was finished so that he couldn't. We started working on the master bath in mid morning and it went pretty well though it was slow, there were a bunch of complications we didn't expect. Ryan came in a couple times and asked if we would be done with it this week... I hope he doesnt think he's taking over in there, cause that's my project. 
I think tomorrow I will get to home depot to deal with the rotozip bs. Tonight though theres a mandatory meeting for long-term volunteers about dealing with stress and like psychoanalyst bull. I really don't want to go, no one does. It's going to really suck. Plus I have to leave for it in like 15 minutes and I have no idea how long it goes for. I need to eat something before we leave. 


No poems or lists on this one. just notes. I'm not in a bad mood by the way, just venting a bit. Also I'm pretty psyched to get my package tomorrow :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment